Comment on page
Advice to follow when creating a character to avoid any loss of performance.
Heads up! The following may be highlighted during the validation process.
Not following the warnings will result in quality loss.
Please note that characters that pass validation with warning messages may perform poorly in projects and will permanently use a character slot, so proceed with caution.
- Please make sure that your character scene doesn’t contain any hidden mesh objects or objects which are disabled in the render.
Motion Capture System Warnings
- Markerless Motion Capture can provide data for up to 52 bones. Leaving out bones from the skeleton system may negatively impact animation quality. Please make sure missing bones are left out intentionally.
- IK features, in certain project types, require bone parent chains between wrist and shoulder bones as well as foot and thigh bones. If these chains are not detected IK features may not be applied for those limbs.
Face Capture System Warnings
- Markerless Face Capture can provide data for up to 88 blendshapes. Leaving out blendshapes from the facial system may negatively impact animation quality. Please make sure missing blendshapes are left out intentionally.
- If the character supports facial animations and eye bones have been registered for auto rigging using the add-on, the character's gaze will be driven by 4 (four) gaze control blendshapes. Please make sure that you have facial blendshapes responsible for driving the character's gaze.